Oh how I love James 1.

Remember that year when it was January 8 and you were already ready to start anew? I do. The first eight days of 2013 have been difficult. Just plain hard. But God is working in our lives in many ways and like James 1 says I will “consider it pure joy… whenever you face trials of many kinds, becaus eyou know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” (James 1:2-4).

I started 2013 with the most renewed spirit. Our holiday rush in the shop nearly did me in. Thank goodness for Gina Hafley. I would have drowned without her running the show. And in the first eight days of 2013, we’ve face trial after trial as a family. Today, it all came to a head. We’re waiting to hear if our sweet dog, Briggs, has lymphoma.

But God is good all the time.

Tonight, I plan to sit down with a big cup of coffee and read through Lara’s Goal Setting Series. I feel like I’ve been going so fast the last few days I haven’t been able to really sit down and spell out what I want for myself and our family this year. Tonight’s the night. If you haven’t started it, check it out.

Then, next Wednesday is the start of our 2013 Powerful Branding Webinar Series. Y’all. I love these webinars so much. We get to interact with our guests and really talk through what matters most in life and how to make it happen. Next Wednesday’s webinar is a new one for our series: Clear the Clutter. It’s all about setting yourself up for success in order to make what matters happen in life and in business.

Today is the last day to enter to win a seat over on Lara’s blog. Check it out! And thank you, sincerely, for all your prayers for our family and for sweet Briggs while we face some tough times over here.

1. Lara commented:

I love you.

2. Kirbi commented:

Emily,

This verse from James always gives me hope! So glad it’s helping you through this difficult start to 2013. Praying for you and your sweet Dog. Also, I will try and find this online to send to you if I can but I did an amazing James study with Beth Moore a few years ago and it was wonderful and encouraging. You would probably really enjoy it right now.

Thank you for the inspiration to goal set as well! I think on this rainy day that is a perfect idea!

Hugs,
    Kirbi Knop

3. Heather Gardner commented:

Being owned by 3 dogs myself, and having to let one go in 2011 due to cancer, my heart is with your family and Briggs. You give Briggs such unconditional love and support, and not all dogs get great & loving people like that. Praying for the best news and will keep him in my thoughts. (hugs)

4. Kristin commented:

Praying for your sweet family.

5. Natalie commented:

Praying for you Emily!! I know it’s SO hard and the tears don’t stop falling. Here is a little post I wrote about my Sasha–I hope it lets you know that you are not alone! We are here for you! Take care friend!

6. Yasmin Sarai commented:

Praying for you and your family <3

7. Sarah Gonzalez commented:

Sweet Emily, I am sorry to hear about your dog. I am a dog owner and I know how dogs become a huge part of families. Big hugs and prayers.

8. Emily Ley1 commented:

Testing.

9. Testing commented:

testing

10. Emily Ley commented:

Testing.

11. Emily commented:

Oh Emily, my heart is so sad to hear about sweet Briggs. I feel so connected to your family through this crazy-internet life, and I’ve been praying that things turn out for the best.

Doing Lara’s Goal Setting Series was so inspiring and made me really excited to start this year, but I also quite scared of the unknown.

We all just have to remember to continue to trust in Him and know that he has a plan for each of us, we are all his children.

Praying for you and your Bs.

12. Kate commented:

Though the new year has brought trials with it, you continue to display love, laughter and above all grace as you handle them. I hope that you had a great night of goal setting for yourself, your business, and your family. Sending love and prayers for a wonderful 2013.